本帖最后由 tilamook 于 2022-7-20 12:04 编辑

表演者: Diana Ross

流派: 放克/灵歌/R&B
专辑类型: 专辑
介质: Audio CD
发行时间: 1970
出版者: Hip-O Select

简介  · · · · · ·

Everything Is Everything, Diana Ross's 1970 sophomore solo album, is finally available on CD. Released even as her debut solo album was still on the charts, EIE featured productions by Deke Richards, the leader of the "Corporation" team responsible for the Jackson 5 hits. The album didn't produce a major hit along the lines of "Ain't No Mountain High Enough," Ross's big smash that year, but "I'm Still Waiting" became a U.K. No. 1. "I Love You (Call Me)," a cover of Aretha Franklin's hit, was nominated for a Grammyr (it lost to Aretha herself). The complete, fascinating story is all here in this beautiful, expanded edition that includes seven bonus tracks from the Motown vault. Among the stunning bonus tracks are unreleased covers of the Beatles "Something" and the Oscarrnominated song "What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life," alternate lyrics to "Ain't No Sad Song," a remix of "Come Together" - plus the hit U.K. remix of "I'm Still Waiting." In the booklet, Deke himself tells fascinating stories of the album's genesis. Why, even as Ashford & Simpson were cutting the tracks that became the hits, Berry Gordy asked him to make this album. How, months after the album's release, the U.K. embraced "I'm Still Waiting." How the longest title in Diana's repertoire came to be. How Deke wished to get Burt Bacharach to write a song for Diana, and what resulted instead. What happened to the bonus tracks-and where in all this fits Motown's west coast guru Hal Davis. Featuring stunning never-before seen photos, detailed annotations, digitally remastered audio, and never-before heard studio chatter, this collection is a must-add for every Diana Ross fan.

曲目  · · · · · ·

My Place - Diana Ross, Marcellino, Jerry

Ain't No Sad Song - Diana Ross, Gordy, Berry IV

Everything Is Everything - Diana Ross, Gordy, Marget

Baby It's Love - Diana Ross, Gaye, Anna Gordy

I'm Still Waiting - Diana Ross, Richards, Deke

Doobedood'ndoobe, Doobedodd'ndoobe, Doobedood'ndoo - Diana Ross, Richards, Deke

Come Together - Diana Ross, Lennon, John

The Long and Winding Road - Diana Ross, Lennon, John

I Love You (Call Me) - Diana Ross, Franklin, Aretha

How About You - Diana Ross, Richards, Deke

(They Long to Be) Close to You - Diana Ross, Bacharach, Burt